Monday, November 13, 2006

Remembrance of Things Passed

As I find it best to work though my anxiety by means of attempting to find my own poetic voice, I have composed another exaggerated work about being rejected. Again, please do not take this literally, I am just quite nervous about the cataclismic event that will take place on December 15. I will pick up the pieces and move on, and I have been working on other options, but I think that I have met my match, and to lose this opportunity due to my own sub-par performance on examinations would be a shame. I hope that writing semi-depressing, over dramatic verse does not jeapordize my chances of acceptance, but I am attempting to develop my own voice im poetry, and this is the best outlet for my thoughts, feelings and writings, and this is the premier way to recieve feedback and publish my works.


Remembrance of Things Passed

Since having stood in your presence,
Seen you high walls; felt your breath on by
Face, and held you in my arms,
I have lost my passion for life.

To so boisterously expressed my desire to
Become your partner,
And be cast off as a fly on a mountain.

HOW MY HEART BURNS FOR YOU!
WHAT I WOULD GIVE, WHAT I HAVE GIVEN
FOR YOU, and to disregard me!

I used to be moved by competitive endeavors
And beautiful things,
But having seen true greatness,
I am apathetic to the world.

In my previous years, I loved all the beautiful things of the world-
The symmetry of nature,
The enigma of the physical world,
The perfection of mathematics,
The aesthetic beauty of woman,
The ecstasy of competition,
The hope for a better world.

But all that has escaped my spirit.

Having been rejected by my better half,
And unwanted by the forbidden object of my desire,
I see not the utility of being.

How futile are all the other gods when compared to you!
How I have longed for you, and
What you do to my psyche.

Oh, I had the passion for existence,
And saw the glorious indulgence in the
Pleasures of the world;
But now those might as well not exist,
Without my pulchritudinous queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home