Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Plague

I have found that my excessive nervousness about college, school, being a successful writer (quell the cynic in you from saying that the last one is an impossibility) and how I am seocnd guessing myself on my Chicago application. I wish that I could have touched more upon the fact that I have a fair amount of anxiety, and that maybe I should not have used the same content for the big essay. I also found a few minor inconsistencies in it, and I am exceedingly nervous. I have been contemplating writing a poem like this for a while, where I list the entities I discuss, and end with a shocking resolution. I hope that it turned out well, but I may revise it. And please, do not read too much into it.


The Plague


What have I done to deserve this curse!
What heavenly minds have I offended?
What transgressions have I committed?

Who have cursed my soul that I must bear this hardship?
To live with this syndrome is an agony almost unbearable.

The symptoms of this wretched disease include
Depression, hatred, susceptibility to bleeding, susceptibility to disease,
Weight gain, hypertension, dizziness, drowsiness, shortness of breath,
Anxiety, nausea, headache, insomnia, and the disease is always fatal.

I see those who have overcome this disease,
Quelled the symptoms and side effects,
And kept the demons to a minimum.

Are they superior beings, to not be affected the curse,
Or are they ignorant cretins, unaware of their true reality?

How horrid this disease is,
How I would never want to contract this, and
How bad I would feel for one that had this vile malady.

Well let me tell you that YOU have this plague-
Being alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home