Saturday, October 21, 2006

An Ode to Mathematicians

That fearful symmetry spoken about by Blake
Can make men cringe and lie awake
Many a night and run equations through their heads
Never finding slumber in their beds.

It is the perfection that they crave,
That can be found in those masterpieces called numbers
They work with these things until they meet their graves;
Such glorious thing of never ending wonder.

What I would do to be among the elect,
And reach that kind of immaculate genius
To those brave souls I have the ultimate respect,
They control the patterns of nature that deceive us.

To know the language of the gods so intimately
And to know poetry so beautiful it cannot be grasped by the common man
If I could have this gift given to me,
I would trade my fingers and my entire hand!

I would trade all my gifts of words,
To be one of those geniuses of codes,
For their vision of reality is not at all blurred
And they have inspired me to sing this ode.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up Brian...I see you are beginning to emerge on the stage of poetry. Good look with that and tjek out my blog to - it is in Danish and therefore you may only lick your teeth in desperate desire to understand those godly words of mine - www.emiles.blog.com

Emil Seidenfaden

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home