Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sing Not In Me

Don't ask, I dont even know why, just read and laugh at my lack of skill, or revel in my references of classical culture.



Forbidden Object of My Desire

Sing not in me oh muse, if I am not to be among the heroes who have come far and wide to that glorious lyceum!

For what use is a muse, just to tempt, to create poetry, the wine of the gods,
If not to have the desired nymph after composition.

Oh forbidden object of my desire, why dost thou tempt me so.
You tell me that I have a shot to dwell in your presence,
But yet you make me wait and give me misleading signs.
Why must you be so cruel?
Was it the data fata?
Is it that some men have mediocrity thrust upon them,
When they desire greatness?

Such agony I have felt, for I have heard the beauteous music of the Sirens,
Yet I am tied to the mast, and those with the strength to untie me are
Deciding if I am worthy or not.

What kind of existence is this?
Is it the path the gods have chosen?

What I would give for an insight into the admittance hall on Mount Olympus,
And to know what cavalcade of events will befall me in the coming weeks!

For lo, the fates are cruel beings,
And they care not about what their power can do to us mortals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home