Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Poem, Forthcoming

I have been thinking about writing a poem dealing with the nature of glory. However, I have not until today found out how to write it. I am working on a poem entitled "Gloriossimus" (exceedingly glorious in Latin) and it is in the same style as Beethoven's "Ode to Joy." I am working through it, and it is rather difficult, but I expect a good finished product. I applogize for not being as porilific as I was two weeks ago, as I am very busy with school and SATs, and I am feeling some anxiety about college. Regardless, I wanted to state my plan for my poem, and I hope it comes out well.

I also want to explain that the poems I have written have an abundance of Classical refernces, that unless one is a classics scholar, or has a random love of classical literature and language, they may be missed. But alas, every line of my poetry was deliberately written, that is why I have embraced the free-verse style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home