Friday, December 08, 2006

Watching Troy Fall

I am still working on Gloriossimus, but when you find your muse, you mustn't pass up the opportunity to write. I am still beyond nervous about the University of Chicago, and I would like to congratulate those who have successfully gained entrace to the institution of their choice; hopefully, I will soon be joinging your ranks, but if not there are an abundance of other ones which I would love to attend, and if it isn't meant to be, the institutions which reject me are passing up a commited student, intellectual, scholar and writer. (I need to stop using run-on sentences, or stop letting Faulkner influences me.) Here goes the poem.


Watching Troy Fall

How I am saddened by this impending, inevitable apocalypse
And how I feel like I am the culprit of such a grave calamity.

I could have saved Troy,
But now I stand far atop the hillside,
Waiting for the last stones to fall,
Brick to crumble, and embers to burn.

My hopes are the Trojans,
My dreams the Teucrians,

And no ocean could extinguish the
Flames consuming the city.

For lo!, I could have saved Troy,
But now I am the only one left to watch it fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home