Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I Haven't Pleased the Gods Sufficiently

So today I was deffered from the University of Chicago. I am not exceedingly surprized, but I am dissapointed. It was one of the top schools on my list, and I would have liked not to worry for the next three months. I fear that this shrieking harbinger will be the pattern of my future, but what do I know? Actually, I know I am applying to 11 other fine institutions, and I hope that I can impress one of them. The idea of going to Chicago is not over, but its done for right now. I can attempt to feign optimism but at this point I wonder if I'll ever go to college and become the reputible scholar that I hope to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian:

I'm sorry you didn't receive the news you'd hoped for from U of Chicago. Don't despair!! Whichever college you end up will be the richer for having you in attendance. Someday you'll back on this as being the best thing that could have happened to you....Wait and see. Think positive!!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home