Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What I Am Up To

Currently, I am working on writing a few poems; especially one entitled “Deplorable Habituations”, which I am undecided if I am going to post it or not. I have been having a lot of college interviews, examinations as well as other distractions (e.g. actually convincing a college to accept me), and I have not been able to write anything worthwhile. I would like to list here some poets that I have been reading lately, and that may be influencing my writing. Note that some of them are old favorites, and others are writers I have recently come across. I plan to read more of these authors in the very near future.

Sylvia Plath
Charles Bukowski (of course)
Hart Crane
Anne Sexton
Federico Garcia Lorca (in Español and in English)
T.S. Eliot
Ted Kooser
Ezra Pound
Louis Zukofsky
Shakespeare (Narrative Poems)
Carl Dennis
Vergil
Andrew Marvell
Paul West

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home