Monday, March 26, 2007

Rejected from Most Places and a Poem

As of now it appears that I will be attending Villanova University, barring some unexpected good news from a school at which I was wait listed. Here's the poem.


Nights

The optimal time for creative endeavor is
Clearly when Ra is no longer on duty
And one is free for to express himself
Artistically as much as he wants.

While fellow man is among the revelers,
And most are no longer productive,
My muse summons me to highest duty.

The ideas flock to my brain,
Rushing down my nerves
Forcing my fingers to type
At lightning speed,
Completing the desires of my heavenly inspiration.

Darkness abound, my nocturnal muse
Compels me to compose
Lyrics of flawless beauty and incessant delight.

With my subject and meter in mind,
My ammunition is set and I am
Prepared to do what I was born to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulation for your admission. Don't be discouraged that you didn't get your first choice. Whether you will end up being a wise one all depends on your own effort in reading and thinking. Having a nourishing environment of course is important, but such environment is not only found in ivy leagues.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home