Sunday, July 29, 2007

Leisure

Leisure

It is difficult to engage
In trivial undertakings that
Do not directly help me become
The great artist of words that I
Should be.

But then I think about Hemingway
Sitting on his boat fishing;
Fitzgerald getting shitfaced at
Some shindig in Paris and
Possibly cheating on Zelda;
Twain sitting in his rocking chair
For all hours of the night just smoking
And
Einstein playing his violin until he
Lost the feeling in his hands.

So I take out my recycling,
Do my laundry, eat a bagel
And pick up my basketball
And go outside;
Yet I make sure that my
Computer is turned on
So I can turn my thoughts
Into art when I finishing
Playing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Actually really good. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It's a lot less uptight.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home